Kathie Melocco - Health Activism

Blog dedicated to Social Justice and Health and Wellbeing Activism

March 02, 2013

Chris Brogan's Personal Message to Mia Stead at Healthivate

We received this amazing video message  from Chris Brogan for Mia Stead to be shared at Healthivate. Unfortunately it arrived too late for the programming but it was such a powerful testimony to Mia Stead's personal story that I thought it worth sharing with you today. But first a little about Mia.


About Mia Stead

She was the preachers daughter, the tall dark beauty, worked under the name @mistressmia, came to the attention of Social Media heavy weight Chris Brogan as a must watch social media rock star and all while suffering from PTSD. The rest is a story of inspiration. Mia returned to her faith, cleaned up her life, began a detox and was reunited with her young daughter. 



Mia Stead blogs about hope, without judgement, not emotional hope but spiritual hope that doesn’t lead to shame but to overcome and to restore.

Mia now works with her Father @Pastor_Paul on the project “A message from your Local Church” an outreach focused on communicating hope to those who need it through traditional broadcasting, publishing and building relationships through social media tools.

She says, "Sometimes the worst thing that happens in your life can become the best thing. The best thing about having a story is that you are alive to tell it.
“My story hasn’t been anything unusual other than the fact I could have been dead more times than I’ve had birthdays and found more dead ends than most. In fact, I became my own worst enemy until I found hope. After ten years of trying to manage the fallout of broken marriage, domestic violence, child custody, PTSD and substance abuse, now with real hope in my heart, I am on a journey to not merely survive but I’m on my way to becoming whole. Spirit, soul and body.
I do what I do now because there isn’t anyone alive that doesn’t need hope. There is always hope."

In 2009 Chris Brogan wrote the following accolade for Mia. At the time that this was written Mia was still to turn her life around and find her peace. Chris says her skills in social media give others a chance to learn. Here is what he said then:

You know who does it right, but who rarely gets the attention? The outliers, the fringe players, the people who don't represent the mainstream. I've got three people who I think are doing wonderful things, but who some of you might not see eye-to-eye with. That's the point, friends. There are many ways to the goal in this game. Here's my list. (Depending on your work policies, these links might not be considered safe for work.)
 Mistress Mia  - She's from Australia, and is showing people what's right by keeping naughty marketers in line. There's so much depth to Mia, and following her perspective is a chance to learn a great deal. "

And here in 2013 is the wonderful personal message Chris Brogan sent to Mia yesterday.



Thank you for sharing your story at Healthivate 2013. It was inspiring!



Labels: ,